Sunday, August 29, 2010

Random Thoughts I Think About the Emmy's

I will post random things I think during the Red Carpet and the Award Show on here at random points over the course of the night, so refresh!

-If it isn't cancelled after this season (which is still my thought) I bet Ryan Seacrest leaves Idol after the season.

-Tony Parker would rather be playing the World Basketball Championship than walking the red carpet with Eva Longoria.

-The non-nerdy daughter from Modern Family cleans up very well.

-Giuliana Rancic might be the most famous person ever to marry a reality tv show winner. Her or the hockey player who married Carrie Underwood.

-At 7PM EST, the final odds for the last person in the In Memoriam tribute:
   -Gary Coleman 2:1
   -Rue McLanahan 4:1
   -Corey Haim 8:1
   -Roy Disney 15:1
   -Jay Leno's 10PM Show 50:1

-It may be impossible for Christina Hendricks to not look good.

-Heidi Klum might be wearing the ugliest outfit I've ever seen, but I leave that for my friend down at the Washington College of Law. Mindy Kaling looks better in a similar dress.

-Manny from Modern Family is awesome in every way.

-NPH won 2 Emmys last week- for the Tonys and for Glee. If he wins for HIMYM, his costar Colbie Smulders said she will call him "Neil Hatrick Harris." I want this to happen.

-NPH is putting a whole lot of pressure on Julianne Hough.

-E!'s Kristin dos Santos, after breaking that she's pregnant (which she did online like an hour ago) called Michael Scott and Holly the couple on The Office that everyone has been rooting for. So take that, Jim and Pam. And Dwight and Angela. And Andy and Erin. And Kelly and Ryan. And Meredith and Creed.

-Hugh Laurie told Seacrest he just completed a film about a love story between a 50 year old man and a 22 year old girl. Seacrest responded with "that's a good storyline." I love how he's still pretending that relationship is a secret.

-I have no idea what is happening on NBC involving Billy Bush, Matthew Morrison, and some high school senior.

-This is probably not agreed with by anyone else, but I think Julie Bowen is the most attractive star of Modern Family.

-It really doesn't matter what Dianna Agron wears, she's going to look good.

-Giulianna Rancic is confused. She thought I'd never believe Susan Sarandon loves ping pong. In actuality I'd never care.

-Why is Kim Kardashian at the Emmys? Please tell me Keeping Up with the Kardashians is not nominated.

-Billy Bush made a fool out of himself to end the red carpet show on NBC.

-That was the perfect way to use Kate Gosselin.

-Well done, Mr. Fallon, well done.

-As Sesame Street's The Count would say, "that's one! One Conan O'Brien joke! HAHAHAHAHA"

-Really, no monologue?

-Jon Hamm does not like Cameron from Modern Family. He wins anyway.

-Good start for Modern Family. And our first Old Spice joke. Did not see that coming. Also John Hodgeman is actually funny so far. I'm proud to use a PC.

-Far from stunning win for Jane Lynch, but well deserved.

-Seeing that Betty White Community ad a 2nd time was just as funny as the first.

-I've known this since Studio 60, but the Matthew Perry/Lauren Graham chemistry is amazing. I wonder if they're still dating.

-I love Heather Morris.

-Brilliant Modern Family bit.

-Parsons gets a very well deserved win. 2/3. But really anything that resulted in Tony Shalhoub not winning was a victory.

-Solid NPH, solid. Edie Falco wins. Eh.

-Will Arnett slips into the Gob Bluth voice for nominees as Top Chef shocks Amazing Race, and voters say F You to Simon Cowell.

-What I've learned tonight is that over the run of her show, Oprah's looks have changed drastically but her voice has stayed exactly the same.

-Well they did make the Dramas montage much more dramatic than the other montages.

-Mad Men wins writing for a drama. I have nothing particularly amusing to add.

-According to Hodgeman, Best Supporting Actor Aaron Paul's first memory of TV was "watching Fraggle Rock." I am now very happy he won.

-I think the NBC promo woman got confused. We just saw Russell and Arnett. They're presenting again?

-Someone from the Good Wife just won for Supporting Actress in a Drama. I actually felt confident picking Hendricks there. Oh well.

-A threepeat for Ted Mosby's former boss, Bryan Cranston. I believe Bryan Cranston is coached by Phil Jackson.

-And that ad reminds me why I thoroughly enjoy Community and why I believe it was snubbed by its 0 nominations.

-Way to work that synergy, NBC.

-Jimmy Fallon can legit pull off Elton John. Well done, sir.

-And a solid impression of Tony Nominated Broadway Composer Billie Joe Armstrong.

-The fact that we just found out we're close to a presentation from Tina Fey and Matthew Morrison has me excited.

-Kyra Sedgwick stuns Julianna Margulies. Did not see that coming.

-This better feature some clips from the Conan-Leno war.

-The Tonys win an Emmy.

-I will not buy OxiClean until Billy Mays is no longer in their ads. Come on guys.

-Ricky Gervais is going back and forth between funny and irritating.

-Bill Simmons refers to the last person in the In Memoriam montages as "the hammer," a curling reference. My pick is Dennis Hopper. Other thoughts?

-Let's go CoCo! Let's go CoCo!

-I never root against TDS, but CoCo deserved that. Boo.

-I wonder if part of why Jon Stewart didn't come was because he really thought Conan would win.

-I'm sure George Clooney is very deserving of the Bob Hope Humanitarian award, but its not entertaining enough for me to blog about it.

-Because it was for some reason done a week ago this year, the footage for the list of writers for Tonight Show with Conan

-You go, Emmy loser Katharine O'Whatshername.

-I'm not totally sure what Claire Danes was in that made her famous, but I'm always surprised by how goodlooking she is.

-A lot of famous people have won best supporting actor in a miniseries/movie. At first I thought this guy was not one of them, then his name looked familiar and I realized he played Murrow and Good Night and Good Luck. So welcome back to the public consciousness, David Strathairn.

-The producer of Roots steals the hammer from Dennis Hopper! What an upset. An upset story for all ages. Move over Butler, theres a new Cinderella in town, and his name is David L. Wolper.

-Jimmy Fallon sounded sarcastic thanking Jewel for her "wonderful performance. If he wasn't being sarcastic, he should have been.

-I didn't see the movie and/or miniseries, but after all these nominations, I feel like I do, in fact, know Jack.

-Well at least I now know Claire Danes is an Emmy winner, if nothing else.

-Nothing says football like a jazz musician most well known for his recurring guest role on Will and Grace.

-I get the sense that Temple Grandin may have been good.

-WOAH! Jack Kevorkian is at the Emmys? I thought he was in prison or dead?!?

-@JoshMalina: I have a weird feeling that Temple Grandin and Jack Kevorkian are going to hook up tonight.

-I think they didn't let John Hodgeman introduce Laurence Fishburne for a very specific reason.

-Temple Grande wins for Made for TV Movie. Like anyone didn't see that coming...

-Temple Grande and Lea Michele share a birthday. But only one of them owns an Emmy!

-Tom Selleck presenting Outstanding drama. I picked Mad Men. The winner is: Mad Men.

-And our final Emmys2010 commercial break! What you got for me now, Cast of NBC's Community?

-Both Tom Hanks and George Clooney are in the house, but presenting the last award of the night is Ted Danson. Outstanding Comedy Series goes to Modern Family!

-To sum it all up I went 5 for 10 on my picks. Not great, but not bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to add? Anything? Come on. You must have something to say.