Tuesday, August 17, 2010

This is Not the Post I Intended to Write When the Day Began

Damn straight I just paraphrased a quote from a failed one-season drama about a failing long-running comedy. Sorkined.

Also its sad that the best cast photo of Studio 60 (as seen left) does not include my favorite cast member, which brings me to my first tangent...

People who should have received honorable mentions on the list yesterday, but I forgot because I wasn't thinking: Ayda Field, Michelle Beadle, Nastia Liukin, Reese Witherspoon, Katy Perry, Carrie Underwood, Kim Kardashian, Christina Hendricks, Emma Watson, Mariah Carey, Anne Hathaway, any of Rachel McAdams, Amanda Seyfried, Lacey Chabert, or Lindsay Lohan circa Mean Girls, or any of them besides Lohan circa now, SNL's Abby Elliot, Tara Reid circa American Pie, Julia Stile, Lyndsy Fonseca (Ted's daughter on HIMYM, and she was on Desperate Housewives at one point), Andrea Anders, Erin Andrews, Meghan McCain, Emmanuelle Chriqui, The Most Recent Bachelorette Ali, Rachel Bilson, and Ashley Williams and Sarah Chalke.

I group those last two together because they were easily my two potential mothers on HIMYM (after it quickly became evident Bilson was not the mother). Everyone liked Stella (Chalke), but Victoria (Williams) was truly my favorite. First, I think she is adorable, and I've been a fan since Good Morning Miami (Fun Fact #9- it also starred Entourage's Dana Gordon, West Wing's Cliff Calley, and Matt Letscher who managed to play a dick on this show, Joey, Brothers and Sisters, and Entourage). Second, she and Ted were perfect together. I'm always upset when watching the series and her arc ends. I truly hope they bring her back at some point. Third, I always liked the parallels between Ted and Victoria on HIMYM and Danny (Bob Saget aka Voice of 2030 Ted) and Vicky on Full House. Besides the obvious name thing, both have significant longterm relationships before the girl leaves town to advance her career.

I got an RT from Bill Simmons. There isn't much more I can say about that. At some point, I will do a Bill Simmons tribute post. That point won't be tonight however.

First day of orientation was rather enjoyable.

The Grey's story I teased yesterday- After convocation on Sunday, we had a meet and greet at the federal courthouse. Reminded me of the flashback ep of the night before Mer/Christina/Izzy/George/Alex started as interns at Seattle Grace and had that cocktail party with all the doctors. Random.

For what it's worth, my 2 favorite post-George/Izzy Grey's characters are Lexie and Arizona. Both Jessica Capshaw (Arizona) and Chyler Leigh (Lex, but only when she was a brunette) make the honorable mentions list as well.
The Mets have to find a way out of the KRod deal. Then they should send the money they save to Woody Johnson so he can sign Revis. That's all I have to say about that.
 
I'm out. Holla back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to add? Anything? Come on. You must have something to say.