Sunday, February 26, 2012

Oscars Update 4

Here is the final version of the Best Picture scorecard. The preview post with picks and such is coming in a couple hours. First some thoughts on "War Horse" and "Hugo":


-"War Horse" was mediocre. Maybe I would have been more impressed if I hadn't seen it on Broadway, but this seemed basically the same level of quality at a much, much lower level of difficulty. I could see maybe a cinematography award, but not much more than that.
-"Hugo" was entertaining, but not much plot. I certainly enjoyed it, but I question if the exact same movie of the exact same quality would be up for awards if it was directed by Joe Smith instead of Martin Scorsese.


The scorecard:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to add? Anything? Come on. You must have something to say.