Monday, March 14, 2011

A Random Look at Theme Songs: Gullah Gullah Island

This is part two of an occasional look at TV theme songs. I like TV theme songs. I have almost 300 on my iPod. So every now and then, I'll do a post on them.

Nickelodeon shows of my childhood (the 1990s) fell within a wide range of good and bad. But all of them had one thing in common...

Awesome theme songs.

Take Gullah Gullah Island for example. Gullah Gullah Island was about an African American family living on a small island off the coast of South Carolina.

WITH A HUMAN SIZED TADPOLE NAMED BINYAH BINYAH POLLIWOG!

There is no explicable reason for this. But Binyah Binyah Polliwog, pictured above, lived with the family. The show was alright. But the theme song? The theme song was brilliant.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to add? Anything? Come on. You must have something to say.