Thursday, September 8, 2011

2011-12 Week 1 NFL Picks

As I did last season, I will make my weekly NFL picks before the first game of each week. All picks are to win; the spread has no relevance. For the record, I went 138-110 last season, including the playoffs.

Here we go (home team in CAPS, the starred game is the one I have selected in my suicide pool):

PACKERS over Saints
Falcons over BEARS
*BROWNS over Bengals*
CHIEFS over Bills
RAMS over Eagles
Lions over BUCCANEERS
Titans over JAGUARS
RAVENS over Steelers
TEXANS over Colts
CARDINALS over Panthers
CHARGERS over Vikings
49ERS over Seahawks
Giants over REDSKINS
JETS over Cowboys
Patriots over DOLPHINS
Raiders over BRONCOS

As for my season picks, bold teams make playoffs, italics get byes. I'm not doing records this year, it's just too complex.

AFC EAST
1. Jets
2. Patriots
3. Dolphins
4. Bills

AFC NORTH
1. Ravens
2. Steelers
3. Browns
4. Bengals

AFC SOUTH
1. Texans
2. Colts
3. Titans
4. Jaguars

AFC WEST
1. Chargers
2. Chiefs
3. Raiders
4. Broncos

NFC EAST
1. Cowboys
2. Eagles
3. Giants
4. Redskins

NFC NORTH
1. Packers
2. Lions
3. Vikings
4. Bears

NFC SOUTH
1. Saints
2. Falcons
3. Buccaneers
4. Panthers

NFC WEST
1. Rams
2. Cardinals
3. 49ers
4. Seahawks

In the Wild Card Round, I have:
Steelers over CHARGERS, TEXANS over Patriots
Eagles over RAMS, Falcons over COWBOYS

In the Division Round, I have:
RAVENS over Steelers, JETS over Texans
PACKERS over Falcons, SAINTS over Eagles

In the Conference Championships, I have:
Jets over RAVENS
PACKERS over Saints

My Super Bowl Champion is:
The GREEN BAY PACKERS

For Awards:
NFL MVP: Aaron Rodgers, GB
Offensive POY: Mike Vick, Phi
Defensive POY: Darrelle Revis, NYJ
Coach of the Year: Jim Schwartz, Det
Offensive ROY: Mark Ingram, NO
Defensive ROY: Von Miller, Den
Comeback Player of the Year: Tony Romo, Dal
Most Improved Player of the Year: Matthew Stafford, Det

I have the Redskins getting the 1st overall pick and trading it to the 49ers, who will take Stanford's Andrew Luck.

Fired Coaches (during or after the season):
Dolphins fire Tony Sparano, hire Perry Fewell
Bengals fire Marvin Lewis, hire Rob Ryan
Jaguars fire Jack Del Rio, hire Dennis Green
Giants fire Tom Coughlin, hire Marvin Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to add? Anything? Come on. You must have something to say.